Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Those crazy quizzes

These quizzes are a hoot. While I suppose the "center-left moderate social authoritarian" is as good a description as any of my stance, once you get in the middle of these charts your likelihood to fall in any one quadrant based on a few random clicks of relative importance or 'neutral' to a question increases, I think.

Moreover, the questions could be construed as loaded and there is so little control for interpretation:

As to loaded questions
Q.45. When one group is slaughtering another group somewhere in the world, we have a responsibility to intervene.


Ok - slaughtering is a strong term, with a strong visual image. What you infer from this question may shape the answer.

As to interpretation issues
Q.3. In nearly every instance, the free market allocates resources most efficiently.


I may agree that the free market is efficient without thinking that desireable. Or I may conclude that efficiency is to be measured a different way and thus answer differently.

So, with a huge lump of sodium chloride, here's my chart for fun. H/T to Ochlophobist

My Political Views
I am a center-left moderate social authoritarian
Left: 1.73, Authoritarian: 1.49

Political Spectrum Quiz


My Foreign Policy Views
Score: 0.16

Political Spectrum Quiz


My Culture War Stance
Score: 2.11

Political Spectrum Quiz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home