Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Theophany A.D. 2009


Bring unto the Lord, ye sons of God, bring unto the Lord the sons of rams; bring unto the Lord glory and honour. Bring unto the Lord the glory due unto His name, worship the Lord in His holy court.

The voice of the Lord is upon the waters; the God of glory hath thundered, the Lord is upon the many waters.

The voice of the Lord in might, the voice of the Lord in majesty, The voice of the Lord Who breaketh the cedars, yea, the Lord will break the cedars of Lebanon. And He will break them small like the calf of Lebanon, and His beloved is like a son of the unicorns. The voice of the Lord Who divideth the flame of fire, The voice of the Lord Who shaketh the wilderness, yea, the Lord will shake the wilderness of Kaddis. The voice of the Lord gathereth the harts, and shall reveal the thickets of oak, and in His temple every man uttereth glory.

The Lord dwelleth in the flood, yea, the Lord shall sit as king for ever. The Lord will give strength unto His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.

Psalm 28 (LXX) [Psalm 29 according to Masoretic Text]

5 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Happy Feast Day!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Terry (John) said...

I did not realize you were blogging again. Welcome back, my friend!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Also did not know you were back from Assyria and blogging again until you commented on my blog a day or two ago. Can you email me (my email link is on my profile page), so I can have your email address again? I somehow lost it. Best hopes for the new year, AD 2009! God grant you many, many years. Greetings from Romanos.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Hilarius said...

Thanks friends . . .

John - I have enjoyed reading your posts . . . some I have not fully agreed with, but with humble recognition that you have been to places and seen things that I have not, and vice versa. I am envious of your library bookshelves and ladder . . . it looks to be a grand and comfortable room.

I am always interested in what you (all three - Mimi, John, and Romanos) have to say.

As for my own posting . . . it will probably be slow as I seem to have less worth saying and several other concerns going right now.

Nevertheless, it cheers me much to have visitors!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Terry (John) said...

What?! You don't fully agree with me! Just kidding, of course. I would love to hear about your travels sometime.

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home